Mallorca hides amazing mountains and unique stories, impressive beaches and charming streets.
Family tourism is really popular in Mallorca where we can find many places specially designed for kids, so parents can relax why children have fun.
Holidays with children in Mallorca
Mallorca is one of the best places for families as there are many hotels, restaurants and themed parks where to spend your family holidays, but you need to plan them in advance.
Family holidays should always try to strengthen the family unit, so it’s important to plan group activities in which the whole family is happy.
Let’s start our family holiday!
Activity guide and places to discover in Mallorca
- Explore the protected area of the Natural Park of S’Albufera: one of the most popular places in Spain with almost 2000 hectares of protected areas and more than 250 species of birds. You can enter the parking by foot or bike.
- Visit Formentor Cape: in northern Mallorca we can find this cape, also called “of the 4 winds” by Mallorcan people with panoramic views of the Mediterranean Sea and the cliffs. You can either go to the beach in Formentera crystal water beach or visiting Formentor lighthouse. If you cannot reach Formentor, you can always have great views from Sa Creueta or Es Colomer, two of the most important view points in the island.
- Alcudia Bay: it’s one of the most popular places in Mallorca with a large sandy beach and crystal waters near Port Alcudia, with a charming old town.
- Escape one day to Menorca: this charming little island is really close to Mallorca and is full of paradise islands like Macarelleta, Cala Pilar or Cala Trebaluger which will amaze you.
- Dive in Pollensa and in its port: it’s an idyllic place for many British and Scandinavian tourists. There’s a wide range of leisure activities offer as well as beautiful beaches. Port Pollensa is also really popular and characteristic. You must visit Plaza Mayor and the Cathedral.
- Go on a trip and discover Betlem chapel: it’s located in Arta and it’s a two hours trip, so it’s perfect for a trip with the kids. You will discover a cave dedicated to the Lourdes Virgin and a natural fresh water fountain. In the chapel we can admire many paintings, pieces of wood and sculptures of its primitive days (1.800).
- Visit Capdepera Port, Cala Ratjada: Cala Ratjada is really popular due to the tourism boom in Mallorca. The port offers many water sports and outdoor sports with interesting activities for kids.
- Don’t miss the opportunity of visiting Manacor: known as Rafael Nadal’s town, Manacor offers a wide range of activities and leisure options. Visit the Natural Park of Mondrago, Manacor Cathedral or its port. You must also visit Porto Cristo and Hams caves.
- Hide yourself in Drach Caves: these famous caves are in Porto Cristo near Martel lake, one of the biggest underground lake in the world. You can take a gondola trip with your family across this lake.
- Visit Arta Caves: this underground themed park is full of huge stalactites and stalagmites forming abstract figures. First visit the Lobby and the Queen’s column (almost 30 meters high); then go across the Hell and the Purgatory. Finally go across the flags and sounds hall, the Elephant and the Diamonds stones.At the end you will admire the beautiful bay of Canyamel.
Attention: write down the places you would like to visit and organize in advance your travel plan, taking into account that you must stay in the centre of Palma de Mallorca, as you can easily access any other destinations in the island from the city.
Food: best places to eat in Mallorca (with your kids)
There is a wide range of restaurants in Mallorca, but you must look for restaurants including children’s menu. There are some traditional restaurants which are perfect for your family holidays:
- El Bucanero In Portugal street, Alcudia. A comfortable restaurant with pool where apart from the traditional children’s menu, you can find a children’s menu including the typical dishes from the island. You can then visit Port Alcudia or its bay.
- Meson Los Patos in Can Blau street, Alcudia: children’s menu, park, pool and many leisure activities for kids. Mallorcan food is great here.
- Our last recommendation is Sa Vinya in Calvia: pools, pizzas, hamburgers, hot dogs…just delicious!
Where to stay in Mallorca?
There’s a wide range of hotels in the island, specially for families travelling with kids, but we must stand out one of the best family hotels in Mallorca.
Catalonia Majorica by Catalonia Hotels.
Catalonia Majorica: family values, facilities and services
Here’s a list of the hotel most important family attributes:
- It’s located in Garita street in the heart of Paseo Marítimo in Palma de Mallorca and it has great views of the Mediterranean Sea.
- All hotel rooms have Wi-Fi and Catalonia Majorica includes also an Internet Corner, where guests can find modern computers and work, send emails, print documents, scan, connect to social networks… like if they were at the office. It’s perfect for parents who need to work while they spend some time with their family and kids.
- Food and drink: the hotel has a restaurant with gourmet menu, apart from its great buffet breakfast. You can also try the Bar or the Snack Bar if you want to eat or drink a cocktail while your kids have fun at the themed park.
- The hotel has two big pools. The first one is out of the hotel and offers a spectacular view of the Mediterranean Sea. It includes a bar. The second one is a heated pool inside the hotel with big windows offering views of the outside.
- Services on request. Do your kids want to bring your dog, cat or rabbit? No problem. You just need to indicate this on your booking. Do you want to include spa or massage services? You just need to request it on your booking.
- Catalonia Majorica best attribute is customer care. The staff is always trying to help and meet guests demands. You feel special and important.
My favourite hotel fact is that while being a 4-star hotel, Catalonia Majorica offers 5-star quality services addressed to family, couples with or without kids. Therefore, staying at this hotel if you are travelling to Mallorca with your kids is just a pleasure, as relax is also part of your family getaways.