Holy Week is coming and we need to plan our holidays. Kids have school holidays and it’s time to have a break and relax. One of the best family holiday destinations is Majorca, a place where you and your children will enjoy the beach, the natural environment, the sunny weather and the quiet atmosphere.
The island offers lots of interesting spots that you can visit, explore and take pictures with your family. You cannot miss some of these places like the centre of Palma, especially if you are visiting Majorca for the first time. Here’s a list of the most emblematic places of Majorca:
- Majorca’s Cathedral: it’s one of the most beautiful gothic monuments in the world. The cathedral, also known as “La Seu” is not just an emblematic temple of the island, but a wonderful building that characterizes the city of Palma and its people. n
- Bellver’s Castle: an impressive castle which towers can be spotted from far away. It is located near a beautiful pine forest. We have panoramic views of Palma’s Bay from the top of the castle. The castle hosts special celebrations during the spring months, as the popular Angel’s celebration.
- Almudaina: it is one of the most emblematic buildings in the city located just in front of Majorca’s Cathedral. The Spanish Royal Family still hosts official receptions during their holidays in the island.
- Santa Catalina neighbourhood: it is one of the trendiest neighbourhoods in Palma, where we can find many bars, nightclubs and restaurants. It’s one of the best places to have a drink or snack on weekends.
- Jaime III, Sindicat, Sant Miquel and Borne Streets.- it’s the best shopping area in Palma, an essential tour to buy some top brand clothes, accessories or original products. Moreover, there are lots of charming cafés with nice terraces where you can drink something and have a rest.
In reference to accommodation, if you have already planned your family holidays in Majorca, you should book a child friendly hotel. Palmanova and Playa de Palma -because of their comfort and proximity to the airport- are the best areas where you can find child friendly hotels.
Some of the best family hotels are:
- Sol Katmandu Park & Resort.- a hotel in Palmanova designed as a family amusement park.
- IBEROSTAR Cristina.- Family hotel in Playa de Palma. An All-Inclusive hotel in front of the beach and with excellent kids facilities.
- IBEROSTAR Playa de Palma.- Another family hotel in Playa de Palma, close to the previous hotel and just 5 minutes drive from the airport.